Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Testing at Tosa Pediatrics: Testing at our office is by appointment only during our normal clinic hours, Monday-Friday 9-5 and Saturday 8-10. Tests can be scheduled as a nurse only/swab only visit or with one of our medical providers. Our test is a PCR test that requires both a nasopharyngeal (back of the nose) and oropharyngeal (back of throat) swab.
Testing forms below can be completed and printed prior to your visit:
COVID testing procedures (non Tosa Pediatric students)
Wisconsin Department of Public Health Guidelines (up to date as of 11/14/2020):
- Should I be tested? Please get tested if you have symptoms, were in close contact with someone who is positive (see close contact below), or were instruced by public health to be tested
- What should I do after I have been tested? Please assume that you are positive until your test comes back negative. Currently, we are seeing results in 1-3 days. Just like an emergency room, we attempt to prioritize tests. Our goal, is to get fast results for those who need clearance to return to school.
- What should I do if I am a close contact of someone with COVID? Please quarantine for 14d from the last exposure to a postive contact. We are recommending that asymptomatic close contacts get tested 7d after their last exposure.
- Have you or someone you know been diagnosed with COVID? Isolation for 10 days from the onset of symptoms AND fever free for at least 24 hours AND symptoms improving.
- Where can I get tested? The locations, hours of operation, qualifications, and results are ever changing.
- Can my child go to school? (Wauwatosa School District)
- If you are sick or caring for someone who is sick (click on Quarantine for calendar)
Antibody testing at Tosa Pediatrics
Return To School Decision (July 30, 2020)
AAP guidelines for schools re-opening (June 25, 2020)
WI Department of Education guidelines for schools re-opening (June 28, 2020)
Tosa Pediatrics COVID related Facebook Posts: